In the field of surgery, the specialists of thoracic surgery deal with the most delicate district of the body, where the heart and lungs are located.
The Villa Margherita specialist team, led by Prof. Venuta, deals with all surgical pathologies of the respiratory system, the mediastinum, the esophagus and the thoracic wall through minimally invasive interventions such as thoracoscopy, endoscopy (fibrobronchoscopy) and traditional surgery thanks to the support of the post-operative intensive care unit.
- Diagnosis, staging and surgical treatment of lung cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malformative lung disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant pleural tumours
- Diagnosis and treatment of pleural effusions
- Diagnosis and surgical and endoscopic treatment of benign and malignant airway disease: tracheal and bronchial stenosis, tumours
- Diagnosis and treatment of mediastinal disease: thymomas, lymphomas, neurogenic tumours, germ cell tumours, rare mediastinal disease
- Surgical therapy of palmar hyperhidrosis
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant esophagus disease
- Surgery of malformative thoracic wall disease: excavated and deficient chest
- Diagnosis and treatment of diaphragm disease
- Minimally invasive surgery: (thoracoscopy, uniportal video-assisted surgery) diagnostic and operational
- Diagnostic and operational endoscopy (fibrobronchoscopy, endoscopy with a rigid instrument, laser destruction, positioning of endoprostheses)
- Surgical treatment of respiratory failure